Dermalogica is an award-winning skincare brand that follows the guiding principle that great-looking skin begins with skin health. The brand combines the latest scientific formulas with natural ingredients to deliver the best results.
The company was founded by skin therapist Jane Wurwand in 1986 at the IDI or International Dermal Institute – a postgraduate education centre for those interested in skin care. IDI has now grown to such an extent that it trains more than 75,000 skin therapists per year. It’s also responsible for the research and development of Dermalogica’s treatments.
Before they reach the public, all Dermalogica products must first meet the IDI’s high standards of ingredient formulation. This is how the brand delivers on its promise of ‘skin health without compromise’. It’s also the reason why skincare specialists and beauty experts across the world consistently vote Dermalogica the number one product for skin health.
All Dermalogica products are manufactured in California, which boasts some of the world's strongest environmental and consumer protections. Dermalogica avoids using cheap chemicals like Lanolin or artificial fragrances, sources palm oil in an eco-friendly manner, is cruelty-free, and uses sustainable packaging. The Dermalogica UK range at BeyondBeautiful includes moisturisers, targeted treatments, cleansers, exfoliants and other products designed to help boost skin health.
By 2025. Dermalogica will meet or surpass the following sustainability goals:
- 90% of ingredients will be sustainably sourced*
- 100% of tubes, bottles, and boxes will be designed to be reused, recycled, and/or composted
- The majority of the plastic in their packaging will be derived from recycled material or plant-based material**
- They'll partner primarily with suppliers who monitor and manage their carbon footprint***
- The Clear Start sub-brand will also meet or surpass these Healthy Skin, Healthy Planet targets by 2025.